 Pirates / 846
Re: A BSB at Port Block
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 13:07:33 GMT

Steve Campbell wrote in message <3909EF13.518F5A64@larc.nasa.gov>...
Richard:
Is your BSB going to sport Pirate colours or be an instrument
of the Government?

I'm thinking that a grateful Governor of Port Block may deed it to the
Pirate Doolittle (largely so the Governor can get his hands on the Sea
Princess that Doolittle brings in as a prize).

Over the last 48 hours, I have gone over the BSB in considerable detail
looking for things to improve.  This is the first ship that hasn't cried out
to be reduced to is constituent blocks and made into something worthwhile.
I have made little changes here and there, but she really is just gorgeous
almost exactly as she comes out of the box.

The four gun setup works beautifully, and she certainly feels gloriously
piratey.  I really don't *want* to make her over into a naval vessel!  I'm
mulling over names, and currently leaning toward Persephone (you know,
Queen of the Underworld) but that's probably because I have a weakness
for scantily clad classical babes ;-)

Mind you, in terms of keeping the Persephone a pirate ship, I have the minor
advantage of having the Agamemnon and Sea Princess (about to be renamed
something more bitey, Achilles?) prowling around under the flag of His
Brikannic Majesty.

Mine is still in the box

God's bodkin man! Sort that out at once!  Beyond the normal heresy of a Lego
set languishing in a box, you are doing yourself out of a front row
experience of one of the most beautiful models ever assigned a set number.

but I plan to give her to the Guards as they do not have any
large capital ships and they're going to need one to deal
with my (as yet unnamed) RBR makeover.

Pirate ship names, hmmm.  Pugwash sailed the Black Pig.  That help?  No? Oh
well...

Hoist the tankard!

I've set tankards at stuns'l ;-)

Regards