 Pirates / 865
Re: A BSB at Port Block
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 19:34:35 GMT

Steve Campbell wrote:

Richard Parsons proclaimed in his best Governor voice:
God's bodkin man! Sort that out at once!  Beyond the normal heresy of a Lego
set languishing in a box, you are doing yourself out of a front row
experience of one of the most beautiful models ever assigned a set number.

Oh, aye! I agree hearty-ly. However it would seem that the shipwrights
on the "left" side of the International Date Line have several more
hours in their day than those on the "right" side. :-)

Shhhh!  Don't tell them!  We're trying to buy those there hours at a discount.  ;)

At the moment I need time to:
- finish the Red Beard Runner makeover. The stern is more-or-less
complete so I have turned my attention to the bow. I discovered last
night that the "wings" from a 6493 Flying Time Vessel make a really nice
bowsprit area (don't know the official term or even if there is one.)

Prow?

I have LEGO bits strewn all over my office/studio and my Dad is coming
into town this weekend so i am hoping to get most of the ship done and
the parts out of the way before he has to sleep in there. I also want to
show it off at the East Coast LEGO Fest in June. I promise to post pics,
even before I'm finished building. As for a name, I'm sure one will come
to me... (Oh Muse, where is thy kiss?)

Oh my.  Well, if you're going to the shindig WAMALUG is putting together, _Gloire_
might show (along with me, natch'ly).  The problem?  It's too big for the car, thus
requiring some...disassembly.  O!, to have bought a four-door economy sedan, the
price I must continue to pay! (grumble)

- wash the BSB parts. Bob and Mike Collins are a great source for Pirate
parts but they invariably need a good soaking before they can be
handled. The parts, that is. The Collins boys sit in the non-no-smoking section.

Ooogh, I have an Imperial Flagship hull like this.  Don't use Pine-Sol,
thasferdarnsure.

- use the six safes I bought in AUCZilla XI for the First Bank of the
Imperium, to be built on this site in the port of San Kirko. This will
more or less complete the merchant/restaurant "strip" of the town. Then
to build the docks and the beach...

I've found that Ninja walls topped with green or yellow megabricks make a stunning
breakwater, or dock that actually comes up to the height of large ships.

- work my real job as a graphic artist

- work my other real job as a freelance graphic artist

Egad, man.  Not enough hours in a day!

- eat

- sleep (optional)

Add that (optional) after "eat," and we can row, or bail, together.

- watch the NHL hockey playoffs (my biggest vice at the moment.)

Is Detroit still in?  I keep forgetting to check.  Awful, isn't it, I'm a native
Detroiter and I forget to see how the Dead Things^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HRed
Army^H^H^H^HWings are doing.

best

Lindsay