 Pirates / 868
Re: A BSB at Port Block
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 23:06:53 GMT

Steve Campbell wrote:

Oh my.  Well, if you're going to the shindig WAMALUG is putting together, _Gloire_
might show (along with me, natch'ly).  The problem?  It's too big for the car, thus
requiring some...disassembly.  O!, to have bought a four-door economy sedan, the
price I must continue to pay! (grumble)

Cool! Can I be on your team? As cool as I think it looks I'm sure my old
wood wouldn't stand much of a chance against your gallant iron frogs. I
hope to be there for the better part of Saturday at least.

Neat!  Well, I'm not sure _Gloire_ will be gaming--I'm not sure that the Pirate Game can
quite accurately account for iron-hulled ships of that monstrous size.  ;)

Ooogh, I have an Imperial Flagship hull like this.  Don't use Pine-Sol,
thasferdarnsure.

I use Joy lemon-scented dishwashing soap with great success. I fill up a
bucket with hot water and soap, dump the pieces in, and let soak for a
couple of days. Everything (so far) has come out clean and fresh as a daisy.

"Arrrr, this be the trusty pirate ship Fresh Daisy.  Surrender or we'll wash yer decks
with fragrant flowers, ye scurvy swabs!"  Actually, it's probably good to use lemon
soap--it'll keep that scurvy thing at bay.  (Actually, the snaggletoothed Wild West face
is good for scurvied pirates.)

I've found that Ninja walls topped with green or yellow megabricks make a stunning
breakwater, or dock that actually comes up to the height of large ships.

I've had my eye on a Flying Ninja Castle in a nearby store. It's on
half-price sale but I keep coming up short on cash. Plus, if I bought
another big LEGO set, I'm pretty sure my wife would not only kill me,
but she'd make it look like an accident to get the insurance...

Well, then the money spent would be irrelevant!  Go buy it!

Also there arr not enough walls to cover my waterfront. I've got 2 of 3
32x32 baseplates fronting the water and the castle only has enough for
about 3/4 of the length. I keep looking for them in auctions.

There 'arr' not?  You've internalised your pirate leanings!  ;)  I'm trying to get more,
but I keep trading for blank dkgrey ones to use in ships themselves.  Try this:  Use
rectangular BURPs for part of the waterfront, and just make the jetty out of Ninja
segments.

Is Detroit still in?  I keep forgetting to check.  Awful, isn't it, I'm a native
Detroiter and I forget to see how the Dead Things^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HRed
Army^H^H^H^HWings are doing.

They lost the first 2 to Colorado but won the first at home the other
night. They should be on again tonight (5/3). Alas, another night of
building down the tube (so to speak.)

Arrr!  I'll have to keep abreast of 'em.

best

Lindsay