 Pirates / 43
Re: Mast options
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 20:12:31 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Steve Bliss writes:
On Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:10:39 GMT, "Bruce Schlickbernd"
<corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote:

Hmmm, there's a mast base, a thick lower section with a built-in base, a medium
section, a skinny top section, and a "technic" section (the Armada Flagship
uses this).  I haven't really experimented with trying to get a precise size.
I tend to mount them on an upper or lower deck or a specific base as
appropriate.  The limiting item on combinations has been the desired sail more
than anything.  As to what works with what - that should take only a few
minutes of experimentation to cover all possiblities.

Maybe I haven't seen all the pieces then.  The only ships I've got are the
6289 Red Beard's Runner, 6250 Cross-Bone Clipper, and the 6493 Flying Time
Vessel (well, it's got a hull and a mast).

6289 has the 4x4 plate/mast base, the large mast section, the skinny top
section, and the 'technic' bowsprit.

6250 only has the 4x4 plate/mast base and the skinny top section

6493 has the 4x4 plate/mast base and the large mast section, I think.

So it appears there's at least one mast-piece I haven't seen yet.

Steve
There is a mast base that is 9 bricks tall.  It comes in the two largest ships
(Black Seas Barracuda, Skull Eye Schooner) and the Carribean Clipper.  You also
get one in the set #6270 Forbidden Island.  With it, your masts (3 pieces) can
extend to about 15 inches.  There's a black column that you can find in the set
6097 "Night Lords Castle" that you can add to the base section and it will give
you a mast of app. 19 inches long (4 pieces).  It looks fairly well that way.
I haven't used it like that but I'm thinking about it.  You could possible use
the column piece in place of the taller base piece.  It's a lot easier to get.
I'm sure there are other possibilities.  Good luck!