 Pirates / 3229
Re: Announcing the launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:24:40 GMT

Hey thanks for all the praise. It makes the effort worthwhile.

I say those were some of the best of it. the veried crew was a good plus, too!
(i only had town figs to put in my galley...i think its a time transport or
something..) so good job! and where did you get all the oars?

The Oars, well.  I wa sout bid on a large lot on Ebay, but the buyer was
kind enough to sell me half the lot, then I purchased 10 at a very
affordable C3 from wbuhr.de on Bricklink, the rest were cannablised from our
rowing boat fleet.  I had many left over as I ran out of Crew and deck space.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Moorish port to go with it! :-)
Cheers
Richie Dulin

The port will have to wait till funds improve.  I also have to find a source
of tower tops from the Orient them 'Scorpion palace'.

All in all, about the model, i think it is great. its the Galley i never
managed to make.
my highest compliments on it, mr.swanson. and exellent peice of seamanship.

Commander of HMS Goldfinch, Horatio Hornblock.

thank you, thank you. :-)

Mike