 Pirates / 3214
Subject:
Announcing the launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:35:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey there,

This is my first posting.  forgive errors.

Having recently rediscovered the hobby I would like to announce the launch
of the "Mort de la Mare", a lateen rigged C17th Xebec Corsair Galley out of
Brickoli on the barbary coast.

It has been some work to complete and thanks are due to Kenneth Tam, Richie
Dunlin and Tom Reed for their advice.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Announcing the launch
This is my first posting.  forgive errors.

Having recently rediscovered the hobby I would like to announce the launch
of the "Mort de la Mare", a lateen rigged C17th Xebec Corsair Galley out of
Brickoli on the barbary coast.

This is a truly magnificent ship! An unusual choice for inspiration, but
definitely well executed.

The piratic crew with home-made turbans, jezail and torsos are great, and
the oarsmen are a suitably varied mix.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Moorish port to go with it! :-)

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Re: Announcing the launch
This is my first posting.  forgive errors.

Having recently rediscovered the hobby I would like to announce the launch
of the "Mort de la Mare", a lateen rigged C17th Xebec Corsair Galley out of
Brickoli on the barbary coast.

This is a truly magnificent ship! An unusual choice for inspiration, but
definitely well executed.

Well, (it took me several times to perfect, but have no pictures. ) i created a
duel masted-lateen rigged galley with two bowchasers. however, i had to give up
the design after a while, and have transferred Hornblock to the atlantic South
American patrol, so as to avoid the galleys. (now, all he has to deal with is
large old floating archer ships.....with fire cannons!)

The piratic crew with home-made turbans, jezail and torsos are great, and
the oarsmen are a suitably varied mix.

I say those were some of the best of it. the veried crew was a good plus, too!
(i only had town figs to put in my galley...i think its a time transport or
something..) so good job! and where did you get all the oars?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Moorish port to go with it! :-)

Cheers

Richie Dulin

All in all, about the model, i think it is great. its the Galley i never
managed to make.
my highest compliments on it, mr.swanson. and exellent peice of seamanship.

Commander of HMS Goldfinch, Horatio Hornblock.

Re: Announcing the launch
This is my first posting.  forgive errors.

Having recently rediscovered the hobby I would like to announce the launch
of the "Mort de la Mare", a lateen rigged C17th Xebec Corsair Galley out of
Brickoli on the barbary coast.

It has been some work to complete and thanks are due to Kenneth Tam, Richie
Dunlin and Tom Reed for their advice.

Thanks

Mike

W-W-W-Wow,

I g-got to say that you did a amazing feat of building Mike!! Those turbans
are awesome and the design of that boat is cool. I especially like it
because it is different than most ships posted. You blow my only pirate kit
(Eldorado Fortress) away! Outstanding job Mr. Swanson!

Cheers (*clink*)

Dean

Re: Announcing the launch
This is my first posting.  forgive errors.

Having recently rediscovered the hobby I would like to announce the launch
of the "Mort de la Mare", a lateen rigged C17th Xebec Corsair Galley out of
Brickoli on the barbary coast.

Great looking ship, wonderful idea.  Got a laugh seeing the
'prisoner/slaves'.  Very refreshing.  Keep up the good work.

It has been some work to complete and thanks are due to Kenneth Tam, Richie
Dunlin and Tom Reed for their advice.

Thanks

Mike

Its people like you that keep the .Pirates theme alive and kicking.  Enjoyed
your pix, Mike.

Hugh

Re: Announcing the launch
Hey thanks for all the praise. It makes the effort worthwhile.

I say those were some of the best of it. the veried crew was a good plus, too!
(i only had town figs to put in my galley...i think its a time transport or
something..) so good job! and where did you get all the oars?

The Oars, well.  I wa sout bid on a large lot on Ebay, but the buyer was
kind enough to sell me half the lot, then I purchased 10 at a very
affordable C3 from wbuhr.de on Bricklink, the rest were cannablised from our
rowing boat fleet.  I had many left over as I ran out of Crew and deck space.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Moorish port to go with it! :-)
Cheers
Richie Dulin

The port will have to wait till funds improve.  I also have to find a source
of tower tops from the Orient them 'Scorpion palace'.

All in all, about the model, i think it is great. its the Galley i never
managed to make.
my highest compliments on it, mr.swanson. and exellent peice of seamanship.

Commander of HMS Goldfinch, Horatio Hornblock.

thank you, thank you. :-)

Mike

Re: Announcing the launch