 Pirates / 3216
Re: Announcing the launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 02:39:33 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Mike Swanson writes:
Hey there,

This is my first posting.  forgive errors.

Having recently rediscovered the hobby I would like to announce the launch
of the "Mort de la Mare", a lateen rigged C17th Xebec Corsair Galley out of
Brickoli on the barbary coast.

This is a truly magnificent ship! An unusual choice for inspiration, but
definitely well executed.

Well, (it took me several times to perfect, but have no pictures. ) i created a
duel masted-lateen rigged galley with two bowchasers. however, i had to give up
the design after a while, and have transferred Hornblock to the atlantic South
American patrol, so as to avoid the galleys. (now, all he has to deal with is
large old floating archer ships.....with fire cannons!)

The piratic crew with home-made turbans, jezail and torsos are great, and
the oarsmen are a suitably varied mix.

I say those were some of the best of it. the veried crew was a good plus, too!
(i only had town figs to put in my galley...i think its a time transport or
something..) so good job! and where did you get all the oars?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Moorish port to go with it! :-)

Cheers

Richie Dulin

All in all, about the model, i think it is great. its the Galley i never
managed to make.
my highest compliments on it, mr.swanson. and exellent peice of seamanship.

Commander of HMS Goldfinch, Horatio Hornblock.