 Pirates / 3214
  Announcing the launch

Hey there, This is my first posting. forgive errors. Having recently rediscovered the hobby I would like to announce the launch of the "Mort de la Mare", a lateen rigged C17th Xebec Corsair Galley out of Brickoli on the barbary coast. (URL) has been (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) definitely well executed. The piratic crew with home-made turbans, jezail and torsos are great, and the oarsmen are a suitably varied mix. I'm looking forward to seeing the Moorish port to go with it! :-) Cheers Richie Dulin (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) Well, (it took me several times to perfect, but have no pictures. ) i created a duel masted-lateen rigged galley with two bowchasers. however, i had to give up the design after a while, and have transferred Hornblock to the atlantic South (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) are awesome and the design of that boat is cool. I especially like it because it is different than most ships posted. You blow my only pirate kit (Eldorado Fortress) away! Outstanding job Mr. Swanson! Cheers (*clink*) Dean (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) Great looking ship, wonderful idea. Got a laugh seeing the 'prisoner/slaves'. Very refreshing. Keep up the good work. (...) your pix, Mike. Hugh (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

Hey thanks for all the praise. It makes the effort worthwhile. (...) The Oars, well. I wa sout bid on a large lot on Ebay, but the buyer was kind enough to sell me half the lot, then I purchased 10 at a very affordable C3 from wbuhr.de on Bricklink, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

Hi Mike, Well, once again, just a splendid piece of building. And hats off to the excellent custom work you managed with Utile Plast -- I really think you should give lessons to us lesser mortals in that regard... : ) And of course, excellent choice (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)