 Pirates / 2865
Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:51:41 GMT

Jeff wrote:
- Maybe an Imperial Ship would act as a police type presence.  Entering at a
random or GM determined point.  Sort of on patrol and seeking to eliminate
any ship it encounters.  Other pirates would seek to avoid it (staying out
of range) and might have to choose between facing the Imperial or another
Pirate.

That is how we've used Imperial ships in the past, they would come out
when rampant acts of piracy were starting to occur.

- Merchants - Merchants could also transport prisoners which could provide a
source of manpower if the ship is captured.

An interesting idea, though generally the capture of a merchant ship is
plenty of incentive. Often though the crew of a merchant ship will join
the pirates.

Frank