 Gaming / 1172
Re: The Pirate Game at BrickFest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:09:39 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
I'm sorry to have rebuffed you. I have been trying to figure out just
how to use non-pirates in the game. There needs to be some additional
background work done. I am also afraid that such additional background
detail may be an additional load on an already overloaded GM.

Frank,

While I was not able to participate at the fest I have an idea or two:

- Maybe an Imperial Ship would act as a police type presence.  Entering at a
random or GM determined point.  Sort of on patrol and seeking to eliminate
any ship it encounters.  Other pirates would seek to avoid it (staying out
of range) and might have to choose between facing the Imperial or another
Pirate.

- Merchants - Merchants could also transport prisoners which could provide a
source of manpower if the ship is captured.

Either way it would seem a second GM to handle non-pirate ships would be needed.

Just a coupla thoughts.

Jeff