 Pirates / 2304
Re: HMAS Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:37:10 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:

Turret and hull template: http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/009.htm

My only question is:  Is that frame to be incorporated
in the actual ship?  If so, how?  You did mention that
its actual width will be 2x what's in the picture--but
does that mean that the ship will be stouter (which it
in fact was) or is the slope pretty much set?

The slope is best estimate for now.  The x and y measurements and
proportions were taken from the overall dimensions of the ship, and a line
drawn plan and elevation that seemed to suggest that the hull was
essentially in three equi-length parts - bow, centre, stern.

http://www.warships1.com/BRbc08_Indefatigable-LD1.jpg

Always open to advice though.

The bow and stern sections seem to be very similar in shape, varying only at
the apex and not by much.  The 2x thingie is just about there being a
starbord section to go with the port.

I did notice that this seems to be coming out a bit sleeker than FdG, but I
figured it was close enough for now, and that I'd modify for taste as I went
along.

The actual frame won't be part of the ship - I simply knocked it up to get a
feel for size and proportion, and scope out what would be necessary in the
way of pieces (and construction space!).

  That turret looks excellent--my only question is, can you
  "barrelize" the gun any more, or are there not enough 2x2
  cylinder bricks about?  Or do you just not want to (which
  is OK too, like you needed *my* clearance...heh)?

I think my entire collection includes 6 2x2 grey rounds.  Needs must when
the devil drives...

Are you implying that purist LEGO warships are prone to massive
explosions?  :D

Only unconsciously if at all ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...