 Pirates / 2302
Re: HMAS Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:18:55 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:

Turret and hull template: http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/009.htm

I'm only now discovering the joy of snot.  Cool!!

Mmmmmmmmmm. SNOT!

   Mmmmmm is right!  My only question is:  Is that frame to be
   incorporated in the actual ship?  If so, how?  You did mention
   that its actual width will be 2x what's in the picture--but
   does that mean that the ship will be stouter (which it in fact
   was) or is the slope pretty much set?

   The hardest part about this building method is the obnoxious
   33/16.5 degree split.  If you want 22 degrees, it's back to
   the pixels (or ex-low-slopes, if you're flush with those).

   That turret looks excellent--my only question is, can you
   "barrelize" the gun any more, or are there not enough 2x2
   cylinder bricks about?  Or do you just not want to (which
   is OK too, like you needed *my* clearance...heh)?

Looking very nice! Are we to assume the use of imposter brands will be
reduced???

Good grief no.  I guess if I was bulding the HMS Indefatigable or something,
but the Australia was built for the colonies...

   Are you implying that purist LEGO warships are prone to massive
   explosions?  :D

ROSCO

PS: I can get you plans of the hull profile for an Anzac frigate if you want
something to work from - send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Cool!  (Not for this project, but maybe for the next one...)

   Yes, this one could be patterned after a splitting wedge.  :)
   Bow flare is REALLY hard to manage, which is why I've hung
   about pre-1930 thus far.

   best

   LFB