 Pirates / 1817
Re: Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:48:28 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Steve Wooster writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Rob Drechsel writes:
Hi All!  I'm in a situation where I can obtain several pirate hulls for very
cheap -or- free.  In addition to the hulls and masts, what parts are really
important to the ships?  Please give me your opnions.

Rob
robo2705@hotmail.com

Rob:

I would suggest you take a look at brickshelf.com, and check out the
instructions for all the pirate, etc. ships that are there. Many parts you
might need/want will be shown, as well as how they are incorporated into the
final products as designed by TLG. (Not to say you cant come up with other
parts that would fit your own ideas/MOCs, though, but this will give you a good
start.)

Here's a quick list I'd be looking for...

Masts, sails, and mast bases.

Spars - 1x4,6,8,10 black plates; 1x2,1x4 plates with 90 degree rod extension
(for attaching spar to mast); 1x4 plate with round knob (for attaching sail to
spar); 1x2,1x6,1x8 plates with fingers, for angled fore and aft spars. The
instructions will show you how these can be made.

Helm wheels, cannons, anchors, rigging pieces, black 8L(?) rods like those used
for windsurfer masts are nice to have.

Half arches are good for extending the deck out over the stern.

Arched or square windows, with mesh screen.

I like 1x1 cones stacked for the uprights of railings, and the 4 pronged to 1
prong piece (like that used for palm trees) for lanterns.

Again, best bet is to browse the instructions, and see what parts are used. You
may already have some from other sets that you can "press" into duty aboard
your ships.

(In a pinch, 1x2 inverted slopes can also be used to make a hull mid-section
extension.)

Good luck.

Just my .02 Lupins,
Steve
--skw@io.com
--ranger@tri-lakesonline.net

Why didn't I think of browsing the intructions! I need to do that, thanks
alot for that list!

Rob
robo2705@hotmail.com