 Pirates / 1575
Re: Armada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 01:52:12 GMT

Jimmy Park wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:

Wow 1000 imperial guards! How big is the rest of her pirate collection?

It's huge - pirate complete.  Add in a few hundred pirates, a couple hundred
Islanders, and about 50 Armada and you get the idea.  There's also five of
the Imperial ships (2 blue and 3 red), 2-3 Imperial Trading Posts, and 2-3
Eldorado Fortresses.  But then Castle always was her main focus.  :)

Unless she built up those imperials primarily by buying individual
minifigs, the minifig sets, or the other small sets, she might have the
largest pirate collection. I know my collection has something on the
order of 1500 minifigs counting ALL minifigs belonging to the pirate

1,500 minifigs is nothing to sneeze at either.  What kind of breakdown do
you have (i.e. how many Imperial Guards, pirates, islanders)?

I don't have a fully up to date account, but my latest shows:

284 striped shirt pirates
86 blue shirt/red stripes pirates
51 black pirate captains
33 red pirate captains
  7 6277/6286 unique torso pirates
77 green vest pirates
17 pirate babes
124 blue vest/tan shirt pirates (most thanks to 1747)
17 brown vest pirates
---
696

15 red admirals
28 red officers
33 red soldiers
18 red torsos (may not have hats an epaulettes for all)
---
94

10 blue admirals (who said the red admiral was so rare?)
43 blue officers
59 blue soldiers
19 blue torsos (same deal as the red ones)
---
131

12 green armada
17 red striped armada
  9 red pendant armada
---
38

67 islander kings
22 islander babes
80 islander warriors
---
169

This tally supposedly included everything, and I was stopping buying
Pirates... well, so much for that. There's at least 2 more 6278s, 2
6244s, a bunch of 6204s, and various other miscellaneous things to add
to the above. 1500 was probably a bit too high an estimate, it's
probably more like 1300.

Of course it looks like Sonya concentrated on acquiring imperials where
I concentrated on just getting pirates, and avoided over spending for
imperials (I know some have paid as much as $7 per imperial, I never
counted an imperial for more than $3 in my bid calculations).

I haven't counted my castle minifigs, but I'm sure they have the pirates
beat, but then, being able to buy sets on sale can have that effect. The
only area where I really feel like I don't have enough is the armada
folks (which will eventually probably mean those 6204s Shiri got for me
will end up in my collection instead of as prizes for Evil Stevie's
Pirate Game...). I didn't at all mind being able to get a couple 6244s
at the December Baylug meeting for a modest markup (I also like the
green doors).

I have also thought about continuing to bid on islander minifig lots,
and start selling islander kings (and I'm real bummed I wasn't the
person who got those 40 service packs - those would have done a good job
of curing my islander king excess). My other consideration is to make
the kings the spear men, and the regular men the archers, and use the
Amazon kings for leaders.

Frank