 Pirates / 1557
Re: Armada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:26:28 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

Conquestadors(spelling?)

Close... it's "Conquistadors".  ;-)

Isn't that "Conquistadores"?  8^)

FUT: off-topic.anal.languages

Either is correct.

  I know, I know--I'm just giving Franklin a hard time.

  In any case, of far greater importance to me (though still not much) is
why otherwise right-thinking people pronounce nuclear as "nukular".  What's
that about?

    Dave!

(back in pirates where this belongs)
  (back into FUN where it belongs again, or maybe geek?)  8^)