 Pirates / 1128
1127  |  1129
Subject:
Crooked mast extension bases...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:20:14 GMT

Folks:

Arr and all that.
Anyway, I'm building my 6285 Black Sea's Barracuda and I'm up to the
part where you put the mast parts into the 3-inch (or so) tube mast
base. I find the the four slots on the tubes (that fit the tiny tabs on
the bottoms of the masts) are rotated about 5-10 degrees off-center so
that when the masts and sails are installed they're on a slant (relative
to the ship's fore and aft orientation) and the ratlines are twisted (to
the right as you look forward.)

When i make the masts square with the ship they sit slightly above where
they should and are constantly pulling the ratlines out of their
attatchments on the gunwhales. Anybody else have this problem?

I have another extension (from 6270 Forbidden Island) and the slots are
square to the base.

It's no big deal (and no I'm not sending the ship back - it's
magnificent) but it bugs me. Do I have defective tubes?

Thanks
SteveC
Captain Perplexedbeard