 People / Teens / *83 (-20)
Re: Welcome Home,Daddy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.loc.sg
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:37:58 GMT

Very nice, and for a good cause too.

As far as critiques go, I have none, except for the photography. Flash + Lego = Pain. Try turning off the flash and using natural light, or reflecting the flash off of a surface (ala those people that come and take your school photos).

-Stefan-

Subject:
Welcome Home,Daddy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.loc.sg
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:35:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

Here is my first vignette attempt. Not much, but I hope you all will like it . The purpose of this MOC is to commemorate the Yellow Ribbon Project launched in Singapore this month. http://www.yellowribbon.org.sg

Re: Out of the shadows....finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.loc.sg
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:01:59 GMT

In lugnet.people.teens, Stefan Garcia wrote:
Welcome!

Snazzy fire truck.  :D

-Stefan-

Thank You Stefan!

Just to share a little bit more on the vehicle...It is officially known as the
Light Fire Attack Vehicle (LFAV) [or more affectionately- the Red Rhino, because
it looks like one :P].A locally designed vehicle,it's just a third of the size
of a normal fire truck and it is suitable for fighting fires in places where
regular fire trucks can't reach.

Re: Out of the shadows....finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.loc.sg
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 03:08:06 GMT

Welcome!

Snazzy fire truck.  :D

-Stefan-

Subject:
Out of the shadows....finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.loc.sg
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 03:35:40 GMT

Hi everyone,

Been lurking around LUGNET for ages and it's high time that I "de-lurked" so
here goes...I am 19 year old LEGO fan (yup, I'm over 18 but I'm still a teen at
heart.=D ) staying in
Singapore. My current specific LEGO interest are Town MOCs and
Vignettes. Here's a portfolio of my work:[Link:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=wytow86]. I am intersted to know
more LEGO fans from around the world. You can reach me at the above email
address.

Keep Playing,
Wee Yeh

Re: LEGO Facebook Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:23:32 GMT

In lugnet.people.teens, Ian Lauer wrote:
   Hello!

I was cruising thefacebook.com the other day, and I noticed that there was no group for LEGO fans! So, naturally, I decided to start one. I figured I’d just mention it, since right now it consists of an amazing three members...

Anyway, here’s a link to the group: http://git.thefacebook.com/group_profile.php?gid=4928

Or, if you want to just search for it, it’s called “Fans of LEGO”

Ciao for now, Ian Lauer

Good idea, but Facebook groups are seperated by school. Thus, I can’t join your group, I’d have to make a UC chapter. Which I might, at some point :)

~Kevoh

Subject:
LEGO Facebook Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:31:28 GMT

Hello!

I was cruising thefacebook.com the other day, and I noticed that there was no group for LEGO fans! So, naturally, I decided to start one. I figured I’d just mention it, since right now it consists of an amazing three members...

Anyway, here’s a link to the group: http://git.thefacebook.com/group_profile.php?gid=4928

Or, if you want to just search for it, it’s called “Fans of LEGO”

Ciao for now, Ian Lauer

Subject:
And the winner is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 12:35:13 GMT

Porschecm2!  You now have a permanent spot on the .teens sidebar.

-Stefan-

Subject:
BrickSpace Homeworld Mod - Call For Texturing Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 05:17:15 GMT

The BrickSpace mod needs you! I am looking for people who have experience with Photoshop or the like, the 3D program Blender, and can work well on their own. I’m quite willing to do all of this by myself, but it will go faster and the quality will be better I believe if there are multiple people working on this. I can provide a walkthrough of the methods I’m using if I get any replies. I offer this warning though - I can and will be demanding in the quality of work, and texturing models like this is new territory for Homeworld mods. I’m learning as I progress through this. However, texture people do not need to know how to mod Homeworld, that is something I will do. I can’t offer any compensation, apart from being a part of what I hope to be a game the entire community will play. All work would of course be so noted in the release readme.

An example of the mod:

http://www.maj.com/gallery/sastrei/Miscellany/tut15.jpg

-Stefan-

Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:04:55 GMT

Just a reminder, one week left to go on the LeVig contest!

http://news.lugnet.com/people/teens/?n=63

-Stefan-

LeVig entry: Doctor Who
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:14:36 GMT

My entry for the lugnet.people.teens LeVig contest:

Doctor Who

These images are also on Brickshelf

Bruce

Subject:
Childhood Dreams Come True...Classic Space Homeworld Mod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.cad, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 06:16:31 GMT

I’m sure most of you swooshed your ships all over the house, and imagined them dodging through space, adventures aplenty. Well now, they really can have those adventures.

Consider this a very small teaser of things to come.

A demo of the *stock* Homeworld game is available here: http://www.relic.com/download/homeworld/index.php

-Stefan-

Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:55:44 GMT

   I put a notice of the LeVig contest on VignetteBricks.

Sweet! Thanks for also linkin’ to the entry gallery!

   Just for clarification, it is okay to use the lever base without the stick, right? Or the stick without the base?

Yeah, it’s fine either way.

   Also, do you want just one photo of each vignette? Or would you prefer multiple photos? Any size restrictions on the photos (e.g. 400 pixel maximum width/height)?

Personal preference on the photos is fine, as long as there’s one standard isometric (3/4) view. I’m gonna save and rename a photo from each entry anyways.

   Hmm, time to put on my thinking cap.

Good luck, and I look forward to see whatchya come up with!

-Stefan-

Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:09:14 GMT

Hey,

I put a notice of the LeVig contest on VignetteBricks.

Just for clarification, it is okay to use the lever base without the stick, right? Or the stick without the base?

Also, do you want just one photo of each vignette? Or would you prefer multiple photos? Any size restrictions on the photos (e.g. 400 pixel maximum width/height)?

Hmm, time to put on my thinking cap.

Thanks, Bruce

Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:24:04 GMT

In lugnet.people.teens, Nathan Wells wrote:

Thanks for your interest.

   I have a few questions, though:

   1. Is the contest open only to teen builders (as implied)?

No, it is open to ALL. It is merely sponsored by .teens (and therefore it’s curator, Stefan)

   2. How many winners will there be?

Depends on how many entries we get. So keep building!

   3. How big (or small) can the vignette be?

No size limitations are there per se, but as a general rule, you can refer to the guidelines laid down in .build.vignette (LOL, I think you’re the one who wrote these ;-P):

   4. How will they know if the contestants are really teenagers? ;-)

When they build cool models, thats how! :-)

Some other FAQ that come to mind:

The more the merrier. You can enter as many times as you like.

Me being the idiot who wrote out the announcement and had Stefan post it forgot to mention HOW to enter. Just mail your entries to me: legoswami(at)gmail(dot)com. Or, reply with your MOC(s) to this thread.

Current entrie(s) are (and will be) on this page: http://www.lugnet.com/~1957/

Have fun building!

Legoswami

Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:43:57 GMT

In lugnet.people.teens, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   At the behest of Samarth, crossposting our contest to the various groups (I hate when I forget to crosspost the first time).

http://news.lugnet.com/people/teens/?n=63

-Stefan-

Sounds cool. *brainstorms*

I have a few questions, though:

1. Is the contest open only to teen builders (as implied)?

2. How many winners will there be?

3. How big (or small) can the vignette be?

4. How will they know if the contestants are really teenagers? ;-)

-- Nathan Wells

Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:22:59 GMT

I have a page up displaying the current entries.

http://www.lugnet.com/~1957/

-Stefan-

Subject:
New Homeworld Ship - Blacktron Invader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.games
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:05:35 GMT

The wings animate on the way out of the mothership. Comments, critiques more than welcome.

I’ve crossposted to several groups that I thought this might be of interest to.

One “AdamS” helped out on this mesh, mainly resolving manifold issues.

-Stefan-

Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:19:45 GMT

In lugnet.people.teens, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   At the behest of Samarth, crossposting our contest to the various groups (I hate when I forget to crosspost the first time).

http://news.lugnet.com/people/teens/?n=63

-Stefan-

Ah, Thanks. Well, I seem to be back now (I cleared my cookies, so I wasn’t able to correct this myself, since I lost the posting privs cookie and... well nevermind.

Legoswami

Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:45:26 GMT

At the behest of Samarth, crossposting our contest to the various groups (I hate when I forget to crosspost the first time).

http://news.lugnet.com/people/teens/?n=63

-Stefan-

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact