 People / 4480
Re: LEGO toy drive for disaster relief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:56:23 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hi all,

Along with the Red Cross donations matched by LEGO, we also wanted to develop a more personal giving opportunity. Huge numbers of families have lost everything in the hurricane and subsequent flooding. Since a large fraction of these have ended up in the Texas area, Anthony Sava (TexLUG member, Lugnet member, CC Admin, and Houston resident) has offered to act as a collection point for a LEGO toy drive. Here’s the plan - you buy a LEGO set and send it to Anthony in the next couple of weeks; he’ll gather these together and bring them to the Houston chapter of the Red Cross, who are distributing supplies to hurricane victims. If you are unable to mail a set, he will also take in PayPal payments and use that money to buy more sets. For addresses, please contact Anthony at savatheaggie-AT-ev1-DOT-net

We all know how fun it is to open a new LEGO set. Let’s share that fun with some kids who could use a little joy these days.

Please spread this message to other LEGO fans through other forums, LUGs, etc.

Thanks, Bruce Hietbrink

Bruce,

It’s good to see this happening. I will be sending information next month about donating Christmas toys to Toys for Tots - I’d be doing that now, but my inquiry to TfT was answered by a request to wait until mid-October.

Joe Meno