 General / 51833
Re: LEGO toy drive for disaster relief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:18:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This is my final post about toy drive until it is complete (and at which time I’ll post pics of the final ‘pile’ and the delivery).

I had to ecavuate for Hurricane Rita, but there’s still a toy drive! Had I not had to evacuate, I would have posted for final call for donations.

However, that time has passed. Waiting much longer for donations will delay this toy drive further than it needs to be.

If you have a donation in transit, please, email me and let me know. I’ve recieved 4 boxes thus far.

All told, I’ve had only about 20 participants in total. Fortunately, for the sake of the community, those 20 or so participants donated very very generously, and I’ve been able to gather a modest pile of donations.

Most of the participants have donated money, and so I’ve been doing my best to buy what I could. Even while I was evacuated to Texarkana, Arkansas, I visited the local TRU and was able to take advantage of a huge pile of green tagged, buy two get one free, X-pods (effectively $1.33 each). I also was able to pick up over the last few weeks some duplo, jack stone pirates, and some other random sets, even including discount bionicle and clickits.

If you haven’t already sent your donation, unless you can get it to me VERY quickly, I’m afraid its too late.

If you want to donate money, there’s still (VERY LITTLE) time. There isn’t much to speak of left, here in Houston, but I’ll do my best to hunt it down.

To all of the people who have donated: Thank you so very very much. You will be making a few kids very very happy. I won’t name names, so you’ll have to stand up and take a bow on your own.

--Anthony