 People / 4486
Re: LEGO toy drive for disaster relief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:26:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This post is going to be repeated on several websites, so please excuse me for spamming. However...

As an update to the Toy Drive:

So far since it was announced, I have recieved four request for my address (and thus hopefully four future donations) and three monitary donations totalling $50 (plus one misc. donation).

To those of you who have/are donating, thank you so very much!

But there could be so much more...

Now maybe I simply just have unrealistic expectations, or maybe there are people who just haven’t asked for my address (or got it from someone else), or maybe people are just waiting for the weekend to go out to the store.

Heck, I’m sure that many people have already donated to other causes and aren’t worrying about the toy drive.

If this is the case, then I sincerely apologize in advance.

But I just can’t help but feel a bit disappointed in the quantity of support thus far. As far as I am aware, the announcement for the Toy Drive has been posted to Bricklink, BZPower, Classic-Castle, FBTB, Lugnet and presumably 1000steine.de (didn’t check the website, but did recieve a monitary donation from one of those folks).

I don’t know just how many people the announcement reached, but of those websites I’m sure there are at least 5,000 people available. Possibly much more. And to date I’ve had 8 people express interest in participating?

Please, if you can donate a few unopened sets, by all means, do so!

Or you can even send money for me to buy sets on your behalf. Here in my area I have 2 TRUs, a KB, 3 Wal-Marts, 2 Targets, 2 Kohls, 2 Tuesday Mornings, a Burks Outlet, and a Toy Liquidators. I have a Paypal account (no credit card payments, please), or you can send me a check or money order or whatever. I will do my best to stretch your donation as far as I can.

If you’ve read this far, thank you for your time. I don’t mean to be preachy or beg, honestly, I don’t. If you know me, you should know I’m not (usually, anyway) that sort of person. But I just want to be able to make a substantial donation on behalf of this community. I’m not asking for a semi-truck load... but a pickup truck bed-full would be nice.

I just want to avoid having to hand over two grocery bags of LEGO sets and say “Here is the donation on behalf of the online AFOL community.”

So if you’re interested, if you want my address or paypal account address, or if you have any questions, please email me at savatheaggie at ev1 dot net.

--Anthony