 Announcements / 3038
3037  |  3039
Subject:
Join the LEGO Group in helping with Hurricane Disaster Relief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:07:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

We have all seen the devastation that Hurricane Katrina left in New Orleans, and with it the displaced families and children. They all have little or nothing from their homes and have been placed in shelters around the country. Companies and organizations from around the world are assisting in relief efforts, including The LEGO Group.

LEGO employees around the world have been collecting money internally that is being matched dollar for dollar by the Edith and Godtfred Kirk Christiansen Foundation in the name of the Relief Fund and will be given to the Red Cross.

The LEGO Group has invited the adult LEGO community to join this donation matching program. If you’re interested in participating, please send your monetary donation to:

LEGO Group
Attn: AFOL Katrina Relief
555 Taylor Road
Enfield, CT 06082

Checks need to be made out to the Red Cross. Check or money order is the preferred method of submission. If you have any questions or concerns, Jake McKee (jake@lego.com) has offered to address them as quickly as possible.

In addition to the program outlined above, the LEGO Group is working on several other Katrina relief efforts, which Jake has promised more details on soon. In the meantime, we can announce that monetary donations will be collected at the 25 LEGO stores around the United States, with those donations matched by the Christiansen Foundation as well.

Every donation counts, and with the help of the LEGO Group, the community’s effort will go farther to helping out relief efforts.

Thank you very much to everyone who can help out.If you can’t give through this program, please donate or volunteer in another way. The hurricane victims need you!

Joe Meno