 People / 3795
Re: Tim Courtney has left BrickMedia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:22:49 GMT

In lugnet.people, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Tim Courtney wrote:
   I am posting this message to the community at large to inform you I have left BrickMedia (www.brickmedia.com) and therefore am no longer involved with any of its properties. I have made several requests to Matt over several weeks’ time to remove my name from the BrickMedia websites, and those requests have not been honored.

Because my name is still listed on the BrickMedia websites against my wishes and without license, I feel I should make it absolutely clear I am no longer involved by posting here.

This information isn’t new to the public, but this is the first time it’s come out in the form of an announcement - see my response at the bottom of this FBTB thread.

I do not wish to discuss the details surrounding why I left BrickMedia in public. Those who need to know already know, and have been very supportive of me. Any questions you have about BrickMedia should be taken up with its owner, Matt Gerber.

Why the secrecy?

I mean, you’re not wishing to discuss the details, you’re upset that your name hasn’t been removed from the site, and you need the support of those who ‘need to know’ so it obviously wasn’t an amicable separation.

So why not say what happened? People will speculate anyway - we can tell it wasn’t amicable. I’m definitely interested - and I don’t even stand to lose a small amount of money or a free magazine over it.( I was already wondering why the ‘unforeseen circumstances’ delaying Bricks Magazine included one of the editors seeming to have forgotten he had agreed to write a book, and the other one that he had a family to support!)

I recall you often speculating about the LEGO community, so why not share what’s happening with that “community”? People think they (or others) may have lost money and - besides that - people were looking forward to Bricks Magazine. But then a seperation between you and Brickmedia occurs, and you don’t deem it necessary to tell them - your “community” why.

It all seems a bit odd to me.

(Or did you get a severance package which included your silence?)

Cheers

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique

   Misérable
Building a safer South Pacifique

I’m obviously not Tim but am working with him on a very important project right now whose deadline comes the end of this month. You’ll read all about this in eary August when it’s over. He’s playing a very big role in this project and it is NOT just going to be shown to just Lego enthusaist like ourselves. We’re talking one heck of an audience.

If there is anyone who should be going over the “what happened” with us it’s best we get it from the head honcho himself and that’s Matt G.

Adr.