 People / 323
Re: Time to update the old roll call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 06:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.people, Tim Courtney writes:
At 07:10 PM 12/10/1999 , James Brown wrote:
In lugnet.people, Tim Courtney writes:
At 06:07 PM 12/10/1999 , Jasper Janssen wrote:
On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:23:19 GMT, Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com>
wrote:

Well, I've always liked playing pool, but never played much.  Recently,
my brother decided to purchase a small table (about 3x6 feet--only $50),
so now I play almost every day :)  I'm getting better...

3*6 feet tables are nice in terms of storability and affordability,
but it would seem to me that there would be very few hard shots on
such a thing.. am I right?

No, you are mistaken.  On a small table, shots are not difficult due to large
distances.  They are difficult due to clutter.

I like an 8 foot table myself, never played on a 9 footer...

I have been wanting a 10 foot snooker table for a long time.  That my friend
is the only way to go.

I'm awfully fond of my 9 footer.  Played on just about every size out there
(including a monster 7x14!) and I like my 9 foot.

6x12.  The largest snooker table is the 6x12 size.  It looks like it is about
14 feet and is almost that long when you add in the rails, but it is still
referred to as a 6x12.

Mike Poindexter