 People / 1937
Re: wedding status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:49:58 GMT

In article <3acf82ee.92232653@lugnet.com>,
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
As some people are aware, we have canceled our wedding which was
planned for the end of April in Legoland California.  The reasons for
this are personal rather than logistical.

I don't really know Todd or Suzanne all that well, but I'm sorry to
hear this.

To those who had arranged plane tickets, accommodations, etc., and
those who have gifts, we understand completely if you are upset with us.
Please believe how sorry we are for putting the brakes on everything at
such a late date, when so much was already rolling.  We wish that some
magic apology could make it all better, but in reality this is an
irreparable fiasco -- one for which we feel terrible.

I dunno. Sounds like a good number of people have vacation time scheduled
and plane tickets to Legoland. I can't see that part being a bad thing...
Perhaps the First Annual-Or-However-Often-We-Get-Around-To-It LUGnet
Legoland Pilgrimage is about to happen. Or something like that. While
nobody plans a wedding with the question of "what happens if we call it
off", this works pretty well; you scheduled it for somewhere people
wanted to go anyhow. I think your non-Lego families are probably worse
off than LUGnet, which brings us to...

The next few days will still be difficult for us, and we apologize in
advance for any momentary absences online that may occur during this
recovery time.

...those family-and-friend types are the ones who'll need need your time,
anyhow. And y'all theirs.

No apologies are necessary if you need to take a break from LUGnet. Some
things are more important. We humans are not unlike large Lego contraptions
in this manner; when we fall, we get damaged and we take a while to put back
together... and we're never quite rebuilt the same way twice.

Take some time, get things back together; you know where to find us if you
need us. We'll try not to crash the server...

-JDF [Oh, and apologies for that painful Lego contraption analogy... Ow...]
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <