 People / 1936
1935  |  1937
Subject:
Get-Together on April 28th in Southern California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 14:57:29 GMT

Hi folks,

LUGOLA is hosting a meeting on April 28th in the Southern California Area.
This had been previously announced, but there have been a few changes in
time and so forth due to other events.

We are openingly inviting any out-of-towners that happen to be in the area
during this time period.

Starting at 2PM, we'll be having this meeting at our house in Southern
Orange County.  This is about 1/2 hour north of LEGOLAND.  The meeting goes
until whenever, but most people usually head home after about 5 hours.  I'm
perfectly happy if it continues on into the night.

The festivities include the usual chit-chat, MOC displays, and trading.  If
we end up with a really large number of people, then I may have to limit
trading space.

So far, the following people are coming:

Brad&Shelly Hamilton - Showing off Bricktopia (LEGO City) (LUGOLA)
Tim Courtney
Brandon ???
Frank Filz -   Bringing his Blacktron MOC
Larry Pieniazek (With Frank)
James Brown (With Frank)
Bryce Mcglone (- LUGOLA)
Dan Jassim (- LUGOLA)
Mark Sandlin (with Dan)
Mark Rideout  ( with Dan)
Clark Stephens & Morgan Wolfe
Jason Sutherland  (LUGOLA)
The Michons (LUGOLA)

Possible Attendees
Jeremy and Barbara Sproat
Ross Crawford

Several other folks have expressed interest but are still mulling over the
details.  Note:  We will STILL have our regularly scheduled LUGNET meeting
in May/June.  This is just an extra one while the out-of-towner's are here.

This is the final meeting time - I promise not to change it again.

We will provide chips & dip plus soft drinks as before.  From there, we can
order pizza like last time or, as some have suggested, have some sort of
BBQ.  Unfortunately, we don't have a BBQ, so someone would have to bring a
portable one.

If you think you want to come, then please let me know.  Also, if you can
bring any MOC's (even small ones), then that would be great.

Our address is:
Brad and Shelly Hamilton
10 Copperstone Ln
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Home: 949-859-8024
Work: 949-727-1733 x364 (Brad)

Our house is NOT on the Yahoo maps and is only on the 2001 Thomas Brothers
map.  It is in a new neighborhood.

Directions from North (LA):
Go South on the 5 or 405
Get off right after the El Toro "Y" (where the 405/5 meet) at El Toro Road.
Get in the left-most lane to get off!
You will turn left as you get off onto a side street and then left again
onto El Toro.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Directions from South (San Diego & LEGOLAND)
Go North on the 5 and get off at El Toro road.  (about 1/2 hour north of
LEGOLAND) - Turn right.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Local Directions:
Go WAY up El Toro Road (several miles) - you should be going East (towards
the mountains)
Pass under the 241 toll road (it is the only "freeway" you will pass under
after the 5).
Turn right on Wandering Trails ( its the 2nd right after the toll road ).
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

Directions coming south on the 241 (Bryce - probably good for you - It will
cost about $3 each way)
Get off on Portola Parkway and turn right.
Turn left at El Toro
Pass under the 241 toll road
Turn right on Wandering Trails ( its the 2nd right after the toll road ).
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

RSVP????
We'd appreciate it if you could let us know whether you expect to make it or
not.  This will allow us to have adequate supplies of snacks on hand.
Please send email to:
bhamilto1@home.com

HOUSE
We have brand new carpet that is a really light color.  When inside, we ask
that you remove your shoes to help preserve our carpet.

Hoping to hear from you!

Let us know if you are coming!

Brad & Shelly