 People / 1934
Re: wedding status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 05:39:03 GMT

In lugnet.people, Todd Lehman writes:

To those who had arranged plane tickets, accommodations, etc., and
those who have gifts, we understand completely if you are upset with us.

I think I speak for many who say we're disappointed, but not upset. Marriage
is a personal thing done for personal reasons, and I can't think of a
sillier thing to do than continue with a marriage because "other people
expected a wedding". Kudos for making a tough decision and making it with
class. (1)

I won't be changing my plans and look forward to meeting many new faces in
southern California the last weekend in April, although I'd rather have done
it under more auspicious circumstances. As you might well imagine, some of
us have been talking behind the scenes about that weekend, with some
organising and suchlike going on.

Should you or anyone still be planning to come to CA and you aren't already
aware of this discussion please drop me a line and I'll hook you up.

All the best to Suz and Todd no matter what.

1 - and kudos to all the people who got the initial note about this and kept
it under their hat till now. Mark of a true friend is to be able to keep a
confidence.

++Lar