Subject:
WAMALUG heads underground
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:25:05 GMT

Here's a few shots of a study I did for the next WAMALUG layout, a model
of the WMATA Metrorail system.  We have been talking for a long time about
adding a model of the metro system to our layout.  If our plan works
we will start work on special "two-platform tables" to hold it.
Well anyway back to the station, right now it is only 16 studs long, the
finished one should be >64 studs long.  On the center platform we have a
bench and a billboard(nothing's posted inside of it yet).  The studs
on the edge of the platform represent the "bumpy tile" that they just
put in all of the stations to warn people of the edge.  This will probably
be replaced with technic plates and some sort of lights that flash when
the metro approaches.

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~dan/lego/pics/Mar12/thumbnails/metro2.jpg.html

http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~dan/lego/pics/Mar12/thumbnails/metro.jpg.html
(check out the yellow blasphemy in the background of this shot)

for a pic of a prototype metro station, check here:
http://www.wmata.com/USINGMET/Stations/capsouth_st.htm

-Chris