 Trains / 4765
Re: WAMALUG heads underground
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:09:49 GMT

Thanks for the comments...

The whole structure will be underground(as a subway should be), there will
be a wall that blocks the outside structure from view.  I designed the
fin-like structure on the outside to channel light(1) into the actual
station
for ambient lighting.  This would be placed on the layout so that you
would be looking down the tunnel, this might allow for some foreshortening
and less detail further down the tunnel.

I was thinking this morning that I should do as Larry suggested and do
a cutaway station lengthwise, similar to how they did the Underground
stations in LL Winsdor(2).  This would allow trains to be run straight
through and have the added yet necessary effect of being stronger(3).

Also the structure is made up of click hinges and gray plates.  Thank the
maker for Sith Infiltrators.  :)

-chris

1- from a non lego source
2- never been there, but i've seen pictures
3- this one collapsed by the end of the meeting :(