 Trains / 4756
    WAMALUG heads underground —Christopher Tracey
   Here's a few shots of a study I did for the next WAMALUG layout, a model of the WMATA Metrorail system. We have been talking for a long time about adding a model of the metro system to our layout. If our plan works we will start work on special (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: WAMALUG heads underground —Larry Pieniazek
     This interior rocks. Looks kind of dodgy from the outside but what the heck. Looks like it will consume massive quantities of parts (click hinges??), though, and if you do the arch all the way around, not be very visible. Perhaps only 1/2 and (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: WAMALUG heads underground —James Mathis
   This is really cool. I love the arching roof structure. Captures the style very nicely. I look forward to seeing further construction. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: WAMALUG heads underground —Christopher Tracey
   Thanks for the comments... The whole structure will be underground(as a subway should be), there will be a wall that blocks the outside structure from view. I designed the fin-like structure on the outside to channel light(1) into the actual station (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: WAMALUG heads underground —Stephen F. Roberts
   (...) ...A down-the-tube looks way cool, but can't be used functionally for a train to run on... a side view (the one I was marginally working on) allows a small loop of track for the train to run around (with the back side of the track hidden)... (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)