Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:21:16 GMT

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:14:33 GMT Christopher Tracey <ctracey@wamalug.org> wrote
concerning 'Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)':
Tom Cook wrote:

Technical we could have run 10 trains, but it only has 5 throttles, so you
have to switch back and forth.

Could you imagine the mess ten trains would have made?  :)   It was bad
enough with three trains, four trains was crazy, and five was plain insane.
We had some spectacular crashes, the scariest of which was Rich's shunter
doing a full-speed head-on collision into a metroliner.  The look of horror
on everyone's face was priceless.  :)

I guess it's my job to take responsability for that one - I was
driving the shunter (I think chris was driving the metroliner)...  I
was trying to get the shunter out of the metroliner's way, by
switching it to the side track...  which I thought the swich was
pointing at.  So I drove it past the switch, and reversed
direction...  Unfotunatly, the switch was not set how I thought,
resulting in a full speed head-to-head crash...

*hide*

Dan