Re: Brikwars Game 3/17/2001: LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:35:20 GMT

Howdy...

As always, I'm curious if this is sort of an open invite or a members only?
As a BrikWarrior myself, I'm always looking for a chance to let others to
kick my patootie and/or teach me new and interesting lessons on loosing. I'm
not 100% sure I can actually make it, but I'd love to join up if it's okay.

Evil Wayne

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

SUBJECT:  Next Brikwars Game and NELUG Brikwars FAQ

Hello everybody,

What better way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day than with a rousing game
of plastic science fiction mayhem?  The next Brikwars game is scheduled
for March 17th at Jorge Fernandez's house.  It is located off 495, so
people don't have to trek quite all the way to New Hampshire this time
(a.k.a. "The Land Where Pizza Cannot Be Delivered Before 4:00 p.m.")!
Here are the nitty gritty details:

Tech Level 6: Basically, this means an all-out science-fiction game.
SP Points: 0 - that is, no magic or "force" or psionics
Army Budget: 600 CP each person

It's looking as if we might have a spectacular layout in terms of
scenery.  Several people have been hard at work on landscaping items,
whetehr for Brikwars in particular or for the Train Show.  The detailed
scenery can make these games look amazing!

Unlike the last two games, we were thinking of splitting the
participants into two opposing teams, for a couple of reasons:

(1)  People won't have to wait as long for their turn, since everybody
on a side can move simultaneously.  We can also get in more turns this
way
(2)  People can build some items they might not normally build.  In
cutthroat games, special-use items (artillery, for example) might be
foregone in favor of more versatile units.  With several people to a
side, however, such expenditures can work wonders!
(3)  People who aren't familiar with the game have the security of
teammates

In addition, a number of questions have come up repeatedly.  I am
presenting here a jolly (read: somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but with useful
information) FAQ concerning Brikwars, how it relates to NELUG, and why
you should be present at the next game:

<SNIP>