Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 01:18:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Brian Davis wrote:

...the "course" is to drive over Steve...

OK, I hammered on it some more, and made a much more fun video. I updated
Brickshelf with some "deconstruction" pictures that show how to build it (hey, I
didn't say they made it *easy* to build it):

And the video on YouTube, with my son standing in for Steve's legs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpMrgDCXlc

--
Brian Davis

Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 06:59:25 GMT

Brian,

Brian Davis wrote:

And the video on YouTube, with my son standing in for Steve's legs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpMrgDCXlc

Absolutely awesome!

/Matthias (deeply impressed)

ps Now I'm going to wait day and night for the LDraw file ;-) (give them
an inch and they will take a mile...)

Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:52:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Matthias Paul Scholz wrote:
Brian,

Brian Davis wrote:

And the video on YouTube, with my son standing in for Steve's legs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpMrgDCXlc

Absolutely awesome!

/Matthias (deeply impressed)

ps Now I'm going to wait day and night for the LDraw file ;-) (give them
an inch and they will take a mile...)

Same comments and feelings here ;o)

Brian, it would help to reproduce your outstanding design (and maybe CAD it!) if
you could provide higher resolutions photographs somewhere...

Philo

Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:50:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Brian Davis wrote:

And the video on YouTube, with my son standing in for Steve's legs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpMrgDCXlc

I say we just award the prize now.  Very wonderfully done, Brian.  The kids will
go nuts when they see the video!

Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)