 Organizations / United States / 118
Re: NELUG - Some things we learned while presenting at Mindfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:23:09 GMT

Nah - If you ever get that crap again, you yell out very loudly "ATTENTION,
Everyone!  This little boy X says his dad is very important around here, so
boy X can touch anything he wants even if you ask him not to!  Make sure to
let boy X ignore all of your rules, because he says his dad is very
important around here".

If his dad is there, and doesn't rip over there, grab the boy by the ear,
and yank him out of the room, I'd be surprised.  If he isn't there,
hopefully it will embarass the boy into submission.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Good advice. One of the kids, when asked about why he persisted in
touching stuff when I had asked him not to replied:

"Well, my dad is very important around here so it's OK"

Presumably he was some professor of education... you connect the dots.
:-) But I was tempted to tape his hands to his side.

Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/
***DSM Visual FAQ home
***http://ba.dsm.org/