 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *1685 (-20)
Re: The Vancouver LEGO club at Science World in Vancouver, BC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sealug, Dean Husby wrote:
Hello Fellow brick fetishists!

There is a very good chance that the Vancouver Lego Club will be exhibiting its
talents at Science World ( http://scienceworld.ca ) in the spring of 2005.  We
are very keen on involving some of the surrounding area groups, if they would
like to make the visits up to Vancouver.  The exhibit will be approximately 13
weekends, so there is a tremendous amount of flexibility.  However, some of the
thoughts that we have had are as follows:

- Other club's display of MOCs,
- Vancouver versus Seattle ISD build competition (CANAM)-- who can build the
Star Destroyer the fastest? Maybe even break the world record?

This is an update that the VLC will no longer be participating in this event.

Subject:
O'Canada!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:52:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Fellow Canadians,

After seeing a large scaled Mountie in “Brickbaron’s” Brickshelf folder for the Vancouver Road Show, I was compelled to build my own, but to the same scale as set 3723 (LEGO Mini-Figure Sculpture). Regrettably, his staff with a red and white flag, nor is his trusty revolver are complete for the holiday. I will post new pictures once they are finished.

So to celebrate Canada Day I have posted both my maxifig Mountie and my minifig R.C.M.P. Musical Ride. If you are feeling patriotic or you are just waiting for your beer to chill, please drop by for a look.

Happy Canada Day!

Janey “Red Brick” (Wondering if I should build a maxifig horse for Max to ride, eh?)

Subject:
Restrospective on Classic Space Seminar at BrickFest PDX 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.us.mt
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:54:39 GMT

Want to relive the good old days of Classic Space? Join me at BrickFest PDX 2004 for my Retrospective on Classic Space seminar. I’ll be sharing some of the highlights from my personal complete Space collection. See the old 70’s Rocket Set, the original Moon Lander, both versions of the Space Command Center, and a wide variety of hard to find classic sets, nearly all in original boxes (except 1593 and 6807). Or look though my complete collection of space set directions that will be on hand.

I need your help to make this great - if you have a request for any particular space set you would like to see, email me ahead of time at mattchiles@gorge.net and I will bring it along. See you at BrickFest PDX 2004!

-Matt Chiles
Brick Bazaar and Auction Coordinator, BrickFest PDX 2004, February 13-15, 2004
BrickFest | PNLTC | AuctionBrick

Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 04:18:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Tim Strutt <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote:

In lugnet.announce, Dean Husby wrote:
The Vancouver LEGO® Club was put to the test against Master Builders
as they constructed a layout for the "What will you make?" LEGO®
North America RoadShow tour.
<snip>

Wow, those pictures are awesome! Looks like an incredible display. I
wish I could have seen it in all it's glory. I see several automated
items in the pictures that I'm sure would have been cool to see in
motion.
That must have taken a huge amount of work. Congratulations all.
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Thanks, I'm pretty sure we'll have some video up on it soon. We took a lot
pictures as well as video, and we just need to get them up.

Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 04:05:03 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Dean Husby wrote:
> The Vancouver LEGO® Club was put to the test against Master Builders
> as they constructed a layout for the "What will you make?" LEGO®
> North America RoadShow tour.
><snip>

Wow, those pictures are awesome! Looks like an incredible display. I
wish I could have seen it in all it's glory. I see several automated
items in the pictures that I'm sure would have been cool to see in
motion.
That must have taken a huge amount of work. Congratulations all.
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:46:33 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Dean Husby wrote:
The Vancouver LEGO® Club was put to the test against Master Builders as they
constructed a layout for the "What will you make?" LEGO® North America RoadShow
tour.

For pictures of the event, click on the links below.

RoadShow Pictures from Alexandria
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/LEGORoadShow2003/

RoadShow Pictures from Tim

Better late then never. here are some pretty decent pics of the layout from Dave
D.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/DaveRoadShowEvent/

Dean

Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:38:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Achim von Wiedner wrote:
An excelent showing of what can be made with Lego.  In observing the crowd on
Saturday, they were suitably impressed.  The "What will you build?" road show
was a hit and resulted in some superior displays.

Thank you, it was a lot of work but it was quite fun. Sunday was a little too
busy and insane but I really enjoyed Friday and Saterday.

The only thing that was wrong was that noone was selling Lego sets.  An excelent
marketing oportunity that was missed.

I belive LEGO's plan was to support the local stores that sell LEGO instead of
trying to take business away from them. That's why they didn't have anything to
sell. Though I wish they would have sold shirts and jackets...

I too achieved my liscence to build like the masters.

Sadly I waited to long to get mine and they had run out of the hats, tags and
activity books. sigh...

Dean

Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:23:21 GMT

An excelent showing of what can be made with Lego.  In observing the crowd on
Saturday, they were suitably impressed.  The "What will you build?" road show
was a hit and resulted in some superior displays.

The only thing that was wrong was that noone was selling Lego sets.  An excelent
marketing oportunity that was missed.

I too achieved my liscence to build like the masters.

Achim

Subject:
The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:05:10 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Vancouver LEGO® Club was put to the test against Master Builders as they
constructed a layout for the "What will you make?" LEGO® North America RoadShow
tour.

Approximately 9 members of The VLC built the impeccably detailed layout in 3
weeks, putting it all together at the RoadShow tour held at Science World the
weekend of September 20th. The members worked in their spare time, building the
best possible layout in the limited space provided. This was their smallest
layout yet, and their 5th unique layout. But don't let the size fool you; it's
packed with non stop action and automation from firing canons on pirate ships to
Quidditch teams zooming around the pitch.

The show was located in:  Vancouver,BC at Science WORLD!
The Dates & Times were:

September 19,20,21
Friday 12PM-5PM
Saturday 11AM-5PM
Sunday 12AM-5PM

Families from across Vancouver put their creativity and building skills to the
test at the "What Will You Make, Americas?" Bonanza . Kids and adults alike
spent the three days getting hands-on experience with new LEGO Designer Sets and
LEGO Inventor Sets as they participated in a variety of different activities
ranging from family building challenges to city-specific storytelling through
building. Young builders had a chance to meet a LEGO MasterBuilder, who
evaluated models either made at home or at the event, as well as provided tips
and tricks for LEGO building. Preschoolers could make and create whatever they
could imagine with the LEGO EXPLORE bricks. Children who participated in every
activity were named "Official LEGO Builders" and received their license to build
like the Masters! This family event was free of charge.

For pictures of the event, click on the links below.

RoadShow Pictures from Alexandria
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/LEGORoadShow2003/

RoadShow Pictures from Tim

More pictures and Video of the animation to come. Check back soon.

Check out the news item on http://vlc.ca for more info.

Dean

Re: Minifig ATV Moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:33:30 GMT

In lugnet.town, Dean Husby wrote:
In lugnet.town, Duane Hess wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Dean Husby wrote:
My attempt at making an ATV out of the rear of the ATC part.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego/ATV/

Nice! You just boosted sales of sets with the 3-wheeler in it. Do you mind if I
LDraw it and post the instructions to Brickshelf (with proper credit, of
course)?

Of course! That would be great.

Thanks Everyone for all the kind words.

Dean

Done!

I'm just glad someone finally found a good use for those parts. I've regarded
them as useless up until now.

-Duane

Re: Minifig ATV Moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:07:54 GMT

In lugnet.town, Duane Hess wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Dean Husby wrote:
My attempt at making an ATV out of the rear of the ATC part.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego/ATV/

Nice! You just boosted sales of sets with the 3-wheeler in it. Do you mind if I
LDraw it and post the instructions to Brickshelf (with proper credit, of
course)?

Of course! That would be great.

Thanks Everyone for all the kind words.

Dean

Re: Minifig ATV Moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Dean Husby wrote:
My attempt at making an ATV out of the rear of the ATC part.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego/ATV/

Forgive me if someone has already done this but I did searches on google and
brickshelf.

Thanks.

Dean

Very nice.  I'm sure a lot of people are wondering why they hadn't thought of
it.  I'm going to build a couple myself.  Nice build!!

Mike

Re: Minifig ATV Moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:35:12 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Dean Husby wrote:
My attempt at making an ATV out of the rear of the ATC part.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego/ATV/

Forgive me if someone has already done this but I did searches on google and
brickshelf.

Thanks.

Dean

Nice! You just boosted sales of sets with the 3-wheeler in it. Do you mind if I
LDraw it and post the instructions to Brickshelf (with proper credit, of
course)?

-Duane

Re: Minifig ATV Moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:55:55 GMT

Very cool!  Looks clean and in-scale.  Nice.

-Stefan-

Re: Minifig ATV Moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:48:39 GMT

My attempt at making an ATV out of the rear of the ATC part.

Nice.  At least one of those will make it's way into my fire department :-)

Will

Bricksburg Fire Department: http://www.bricksburg.org
GoB Bricksburg Depot: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=willhess

Re: Minifig ATV Moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 06:50:15 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Dean Husby wrote:
My attempt at making an ATV out of the rear of the ATC part.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego/ATV/

Forgive me if someone has already done this but I did searches on google and
brickshelf.

FINALLY a good use for those trikes!

Trikes are legal in Sweden and can be driven with a normal car drivers license,
so a "lot" of bikers drive them so they don't have to get the MC drivers
license.

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe

Subject:
Minifig ATV Moc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 02:19:27 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

My attempt at making an ATV out of the rear of the ATC part.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego/ATV/

Forgive me if someone has already done this but I did searches on google and
brickshelf.

Thanks.

Dean

Subject:
When was your LUG/LTC/MUG formed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.msltc, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.carlug, lugnet.org.us.cmlug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.hrmug, lugnet.org.us.legotics, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 01:06:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi!

This is a periodic "call for information" regarding the dates of formation
of all LUGs, LTCs, MUGs, etc., around the world.  I've been maintaining a
comprehensive list for the past couple of years...

   http://news.lugnet.com/org/dates

which I'm thinking of putting into a database format, and I'd to get all
of the ?'s resolved into solid dates.  If you are a founding member of any
of the following groups/clubs listed below, please take a few moments to
check your records against the date shown.  Also, if your group/club is not
listed on the page shown above, please let me know!

Thanks!!!

--Todd

YYYY/MM/DD

1997/10/??   PNLTC: Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
1999/07/16?  NOVALTC: Northern Virginia LEGO Train Club - now WAMALUG (U.S.A.)
1999/02/28?  VicLUG: Victoria LEGO Users Group (Canada)
1999/09/03?  GMLUG: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
1999/09/04?  TexLUG: Texas LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
1999/09/30?  WAFOL: Wasatch Area Fans of LEGO (U.S.A.)
1999/10/31?  LEGO-MUG: LEGO MINDSTORMS Users Group (Japan)
1999/11/15?  WAMALUG: Washington (D.C.) Metro Area LEGO Users Group - formerly
             NOVALTC (U.S.A.)
1999/11/28?  UKLUG: United Kingdom LEGO Users Group (U.K.)
1999/12/02?  LegOz (Australia)
2000/01/12?  CMLUG: Central Midwest LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2000/02/06?  Studs (Australia)
2000/02/18?  LUGOLA: LEGO Users Group of Los Angeles (U.S.A.)
2000/02/22?  VLC: Vancouver LEGO Club (Canada)
2000/04/30?  EJLTC: East Japan LEGO Train Club (Japan)
2000/05/28?  SeaLUG: Seattle Area LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2000/07/07?  GardenSLUG: Garden State LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
????/??/??   SCLTC: Southern California LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
2002/01/??   MSLTC: Mid-South LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
2002/??/??   Legotics (U.S.A.)
2002/??/??   HRMUG: Hampton Roads Mindstorms Users Group (U.S.A.)
200?/??/??   CARLUG: Central Arkansas LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)
2002/10/16?  The Brickish Association (U.K.)

[End list of groups with missing information]

Re: Sail images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 04:03:29 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Dean Husby writes:
Hello all. Due to interest in a Pirates version of the VLC Brickwars game (a
simply Brikwars like game soon to be released) I have been pulling all the
pirate stuff out of a used collection I bought ages ago.

Unfortunately it's missing many pieces and half the sails...

I'm looking for the following sail.
6261  Raft Raiders
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6261

Tom Reed was kind enough to put up a GREAT version of the 6277 sails. I'm
now asking if anyone can do the same with the 6261 set.

Thanks!

Dean
Hi Dean,
I'm sorry I didn't catch this posting earlier.  Here is the scan you wanted.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Merthyn/Sails/6261sail.jpg

I did it like the last scan.  The heavy lines are 1/2 inch apart and the
small lines are 1/10 of an inch apart.  I hope you can use this.  If you
need any more scans later, it might be wise to send me an email and let me
know.  I can't seem to keep up with all the postings like I would like to.
enjoy,
Tom

Subject:
Sail images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:11:23 GMT

Hello all. Due to interest in a Pirates version of the VLC Brickwars game (a
simply Brikwars like game soon to be released) I have been pulling all the
pirate stuff out of a used collection I bought ages ago.

Unfortunately it's missing many pieces and half the sails...

I'm looking for the following sail.
6261  Raft Raiders
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6261

Tom Reed was kind enough to put up a GREAT version of the 6277 sails. I'm
now asking if anyone can do the same with the 6261 set.

Thanks!

Dean

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact