 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1679
Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:38:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Achim von Wiedner wrote:
An excelent showing of what can be made with Lego.  In observing the crowd on
Saturday, they were suitably impressed.  The "What will you build?" road show
was a hit and resulted in some superior displays.

Thank you, it was a lot of work but it was quite fun. Sunday was a little too
busy and insane but I really enjoyed Friday and Saterday.

The only thing that was wrong was that noone was selling Lego sets.  An excelent
marketing oportunity that was missed.

I belive LEGO's plan was to support the local stores that sell LEGO instead of
trying to take business away from them. That's why they didn't have anything to
sell. Though I wish they would have sold shirts and jackets...

I too achieved my liscence to build like the masters.

Sadly I waited to long to get mine and they had run out of the hats, tags and
activity books. sigh...

Dean