 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2318
  Two silly items

a) When should I put my order in for a Metroliner? Other than the obvious answer of "Now!" but when are they shipping? b) I was at McDonalds today with said coworker and they have Bionicle happy meals now. However, they very much appear to suck. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) Actually, I believe that was the intent of TLG... They wanted to break into the 'Action Figure' market. Anyway, I still like the design of Onua (URL) the various new Technic parts are always useful! -Richard ‘who still doesn’t think he’s a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) Of course if you already have more than 2, the inclination to purchase a Legend set is greatly diminished....that being said, I will still do what most of you guys are doing and order the deluxe kit and an extra club car. I think a train set (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) I think if you already have more than 2 (4558) metroliner sets, the propensity to purchase the Legend metroliner set greatly diminished.... that being said, I still plan on buying one legend deluxe kit, and another club car. Club car to finish (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GJI04J.4z1@lugnet.com... (...) brick!!! (...) pretty (...) "Cute" is Ka-On's chubby black dragon (CBD). "Cute" is not Bionicle. :) Iain (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) I still think the Bionicle toys, especially from McDonald's are cute.... regardless what you say!!!! I do agree that Ka-On's creation was not only very cool, but also extremely nicely designed. Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) Fair enough. Leave the Bionicle to those of use who find them useful, then. I promise to leave the metroliners alone. Better a small, low cost technic set with useful new parts than another overpriced old train with the same useless parts (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Two silly items

"Dave Johann" <legomecha@home.com> wrote in message news:GJJpnH.Lvu@lugnet.com... (...) then. I (...) set (...) useless (...) I guess I don't find custom-moulded parts useful or in upkeep with the LEGO brand name. I can't recomend to any co-workers (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) The unusual thing is that the Bionicle toys from McDonalds don't seem to have ANY Technic parts from what I can see through the display case. They're...REALLY UGLY. They don't look like Lego at all, unlike Bionicle, which seems to have some (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) Overpriced Train set??? Useless parts....Whoa....back the truck up. I don't see the big craze with Bionical, and if you are big into lego mecha, I would find that the TOA sets and the LOM mecha sets are pretty good. I wouldn't associate the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) A question I've long pondered (well, okay, not really THAT long.) is that perhaps we think all these new sets aren't great because we got used to not necessarily better but different sets. Like large A frame cars (Lincolns, Cadillacs etc) were (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) Perhaps I should explain what I meant by overpriced train set. I have yet to see a train set priced in the $25-$30 range that was 'ready to go'. I've rarely purchased any set that retails for more than $50 based on the principle that no toy (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) Agreed. The highlight of Technic were the Universal sets, but they aren't made anymore so we need to deal with that. Using the new Technic parts to the best of our ability might not be as relaxing as building with the older stuff, but I (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Two silly items

(...) I was actually not planning to get these until I saw the cutaway view on the instructions. I love that middle torso part more than the others, but I'll find uses for everything eventually... -Dave (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)