 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11354
Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 01:52:12 GMT

NARRATOR (V.O.):  Last Time On...AFOLs Behaving Badly...A hapless employee of
the Lego Company tries to give his community an update to the inner workings of
a toy giant.  Little does he know the firestorm he will ignite...yet again.

JAKE (V.O.):  (typing, mumbling) I tried but we'll never change the colours
back.  But we promise we'll never change some colours ever again, which we're
calling universal.

AFOL 1:  (angrily) What a bastard!  He lies through his teeth!  He doesn't
seriously believe in what he says, does he?

AFOL 2:  (angrily, German accent) Was is dist?  Shut up Herr McKee! (raises
fist) Look fahr anofer jab!  The Lego Kompany sucks!  All Germans are blunt and
rude and arrogant!

AFOL 3:  (Comic Book Guy voice) I will tell the world my disgust by ever so
cleverly referring to the new colour as "bley".  (nasal laugh)

AFOL 4:  (nerdy mad scientist voice) I will never buy another Lego set until
they come to me asking for all of my opinions.  Maybe then they will realize the
power of my genius!  PS-Enclosed you will find my LDRAW model file of my
Supercybernator 8000 spaceship. I believe it is much superior to your current
product offerings.

AFOL 5:   (scruffy American businessman voice)  Someone's gonna get fired over this one!  The CEO should come to Brickfest and tell us exactly why they changed the colours.   He should explain his entire marketing strategy to us, because we are key stakeholders in this process.  Yes.  I expect a 30 page report on my desk with appropriate market demographics explaining how the grey issue was come to.  I demand answers, McKee, and I want them now, dammit!

AFOL 6:  I will never trust Lego again!  They must regain the trust of our
remarkably minute yet irrationally vocal cult group, it is in the best interests
of this multinational billion dollar company to listen to the our super informed
ramblings derived primarily on our needs to build Spiffcrafts and spamcake
diners!  SPACE!!!!@(*#@&(*&$!!

AFOL 7:  (crying) I have been slighted by my dearest Lego Company.  I will never
come back again.  I am sickened and dismayed at the attitude they have taken
which has personally insulted and demeaned me like nerdy schoolboy being
tortured by popular jocks at the prom!  I am leaving forever to find a better
hobby, or will return back to Lugnet within two days, which ever comes first!

[OUTSIDE.  EXTERIOR DAYLIGHT: Toronto skyline.  MS: Four shlubby guys in blue
t-shirts hanging around a middle class family restaurant titled "Swiss Chalet"]

CALUM: Do you care?

JOHN:  No.

DEREK: I think I need more planos now.

GREG:  Did I show you guys my Party of Five scrapbook!?  It's got pictures of
Lacey Chabert!

ALL:  Oooh!  Lacey Chabert!

[FADE TO BLACK]

Calum

*wipes tears from face*

My god I have not laughed that hard in a while...my face hurts.

I admit I'm one of those who got his feet wet in Jake's infamous thread but
after reading this, it sure puts it all in perspective.  Calum, you should write
for Family Guy - that was priceless!

-Matt