 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / * (-5)
Subject:
Brickfete - LEGO Fan Fest - July 4 & 5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.quelug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:42:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO fans, join us for our 5th Birthday! July 4 & 5 (10 am to 3 pm) at Delta
Toronto East (http://toronto.brickfete.com/venuelocation/)

www.toronto.brickfete.com for more info

Tickets http://toronto.brickfete.com/ticketinfo/ are on sale online until
midnight Thursday, after that tickets must be bought at the door (cash only).

VIP and Exclusive Tour ticket holders will have a chance to bid at our silent
auction for amazing LEGO items (Including a genuine Mr. Gold, Comic Con
Uni-Kitty, retired Haunted House, Death Star and more... )
See pictures on our facebook page.

Let the kids have some fun by entering our colouring contest...

http://brickfete.com/media/10517497_673185286091658_6584915652990488490_n.jpg

Tickets are on sale online until midnight Thursday, after that tickets must be
bought at the door (cash only).

We cant wait to show you what we have built!

Cheers,

The Brickfete Team

Subject:
BrickFete Ottawa 2014
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2014 15:06:09 GMT

I went  to the show (with no LEGO in tow at all :( )

But I took lots of video (some of which can never be shown in polite company...
ever!)

Anyways, here's my edited video of the various creations that people brought--

http://youtu.be/U0C6ZsYxFV0

As always, Janey and the event organizers put on an awesome show!  I have a good
idea of the amount of effort that is needed to put a show such as this together
and make it utterly fantastic, and the efforts were appreciated, not just by me
and my family, but by the public that I spoke with at the show.  I heard nothing
but high praise from everyone!

Again, thanks BrickFete for these wonderful shows!

Dave K

Subject:
A wonderful show was had by all--Many thanks to the builders in OBB!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2012 17:59:10 GMT

A huge thanks to the people who showed up this weekend for the 2012 Christmas
Toy, Train and Doll Show!

We, as usual, put on a fantastic display for the viewing masses!  I uploaded
pics to my Flickr account--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157632051675804/

Thanks to Jeff, Kevin, Derek, Janey, Oliver, Calum, Bill and Keith!  ('Specially
Jeff for bringing so much stuff for display!)

Chris, Abby and Robert showed up as well to help!

This was the first show in, well, forever, where I didn't bring much to display,
and I really enjoyed helping others with their display setups and teardowns.  I
also got to hang out and talk with everyone, though again, not nearly enuf time
to do that sort of thing.

It was a fantastic display from all of you.  Many people commented about our
area.  The new table cloths from OBB are completely appreciated in making our
area look professional.

As an administrative note, ee all agreed that this will be the last '1 day'
display we will do because of the time intensive set up and take down.  Going
forward, we will do shows that span at least the weekend :)

All the wonderful builders in OBB, thanks again for your work!

See you at the next show!

Dave K

Subject:
Christmas Train Show November 18th, 2012
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2012 11:12:40 GMT

Hello World!

I know with weather and other events going on right now, the last thought on
anyone's mind is THE CHRISTMAS TRAIN SHOW!!! :):):)...

But it's just around the corner!!

Yes, it's time again for us to hang out, to talk about all things LEGO, maybe
make fun of Dave's beard... (it is MOvember, after all...)

Down to the nitty gritty--

The public show time is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday only. There is no
public show on Saturday.

We can set up our area on Saturday starting at noon, and Sunday starting at 7
a.m.  I will be there the whole time so if you have questions or need anyhting,
reach out to me.

I will need a list of names in order to get you passes to get into the show.  I
have 'Da Regulars' already on the list but it'll be nice to hear from you so
drop me a line--text/e-mail/phone call/tweet/whatever...

If at all possible, I need to also know how much table space you will require to
display your MOC.  This is to have an idea how we would set up our area.

As always, love seeing everyone at the show, and it's always lots of fun

Oh, the addy (for those not in the know and want to show)--

Hall 3
The International Centre
6900 Airport Rd.
Mississauga, ON

Just put in your GPS and come on down!

Dave K

(x-posted to the BrickFete forums...)

Subject:
Christmas Train Show November 18th, 2012
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:37:15 GMT

Hello all enthusiastic OBB peeps! It is that time, once again, to descend onto
the GTA right before Christmas and display our stuff!!

There has been a little confusion regarding the date(s) of the event. Well, I
went right to the source (Doug) and here's what we need to know as exhibitors--

The public show time is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday only. There is no
public show on Saturday.

The good bit is that we can start setting up on Saturday at 12 p.m. If you can't
make it on Saturday to set up your stuff, you can bring it Sunday after 7 a.m.
BUT BEFORE 10 a.m. (that's when the public come in and it'll be a zoo to set up
then)

I'd like a general 'heads up' on what you want to display so I can have some
sort of 'organized chaos' for the show. We will have a 40 by 20 foot area to
fill in, and I know that we'll offer the public folks a fantastic display!

At the very minimum, please let me know how big your display MOC is so I can
allocate the tables/display area.

If you have any questions or concerns, drop me a line here, or e-mail, or
BrickFete, or at dinner, or however you wish--love to hear from ya!

Looking forward to November!

Dave K

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact