 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 542
Re: Brickfete 2013!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 17:08:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

People wonder why I still post here, since there are very few replies...

At the time of me posting this update, the original post has over 800 views, so
people might not be posting, but they are still reading.

Anyhow... on with the news.

We are excited to see what you have built and are looking forward to seeing you!
It is amazing to see so many of you return.  With just over a month until
Brickfete, here is "10 Things You Should Know"

1.  This year ALL MOCs over the size of one grey (48x48) MUST BE registered.
(log into your account first and then go here)
http://www.brickfete.com/AFOL/moc/upload/  MOC cards should have something you
want the public to read about your creation since they will be printed off and
waiting for you.  Please edit your cards accordingly.  Deadline for MOC uploads
is June 30th

2. Tentative schedule is up http://www.brickfete.com/AFOL/event/Schedule

3. MOCs that are part of our chosen theme this year, and that are being entered
in our "Best of Show" contest, must have "Canadian Inventor Entry" or "Canadian
Invention Entry" on their MOC registration description.  (log into your account
first and then go here) http://www.brickfete.com/AFOL/moc/upload/

4. Parking Passes will be able to be purchased for AFOL ($5 each) one time only!
That time is when you pick up your registration bag! Be sure to purchase enough
for the entire weekend as they are only good for a "one time" exit only. Passes
will be $10 for the remaining weekend, while supplies last.  Passes are
non-returnable, we are not responsible for lost or stolen passes.

5. Discovery Centre invite for Wednesday
http://www.brickfete.com/AFOL/thread/299

6. LEGO (run & organised) Castle Contest
http://www.brickfete.com/AFOL/event/castlecontest

7. New for this year - Private "AFOL Only" Family Tour
http://www.brickfete.com/AFOL/event/family

8.  New for this year - in lieu of MOC voting we will have Fan Appreciation -
http://www.brickfete.com/AFOL/event/appreciation

9.  Once again we will be auctioning off MOCs for charity.  Please reply to this
email with a photo of your MOC if you are going to be donated something.

10. Our "play brick" a collection of donated brick from very generous AFOL.  We
are thankful and welcome donations at any time, however it is woefully short on
tires and wheels.  If you have some, that are in good condition and are not
being utilized, please consider donating them to Brickfete.  Thank you.

On behalf of the Brickfete staff,
See you in July!

Keep up with all the news on our Brickfete forums
http://www.brickfete.com/AFOL/forum/ (you must be logged into your account)