 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 722
Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 02:40:40 GMT

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> writes:

The Echo Base was a combination of Joe, Chris Gray and John Koob, with (I
think) Chris and John providing much of the grunt work on building, and
Chris did most of the super-cool interior decorating.  John was responsible
for the mind-boggling working hanger door.  The power generator was Joe's;
one of the rare uses of Millenium Falcon hull sections. :)

The ships inside were a mixture of Joe's and John's, I believe. Some of
the detail (small crane, the 2 small trains, and a fuel tower) were John's,
but I slammed the rest (control room, walkway, larger fuel tank, two
"vehicles", the pair of centipede platforms) together on a very long Sunday.

Kevin put in one evening on the cliff, and Joe put in part of one. The bulk
was John and me.

I don't think it got the degree of adulation it deserved from the crowd,
though. :/  The bigger display of castle+army seemed to garner the bulk of
the oohs from the crowd, especially once we actually started running the battle.

The door got some good comments (well, sometimes shouts from the kids), and
a fair number found my snow cave too. We did OK against your castle! :-)

-Chris