 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 712
Re: Huge Castle & AT-AT & More
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:25:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
...at NALUG's show yesterday at Capilano Mall (east end of Edmonton, AB)

Joel finished his awesome minifig scale AT-AT at about 2am

I've been avidly following Joel's progress on this ... great job, Joel!  It
looks perfect!  Maybe someday in the not-too-distant future we should have a
display with *3* AT-AT's?

What is the articulation in the legs like?  Although the legs of my AT-AT can
bend, they cannot suport enough weight to have them any other vay but straight
when setting it up.  However, rumor has it that the new joints in the legs of
the AT-TE might be strong enough, when doubled up, to support some weight.

Along the same lines, how was standing it up?  I can still recall the first
time I stood mine up - it was literally a 90-minute exercise.  Since then I've
gotten to the point where it only takes about 5-10 minutes, assuming I have
four hands available.  How was it for you?

As if that wasn't enough, there was the whole Echo base layout.  Was that all
your effort as well?  Good grief, that's impressive.

With the addition of the upcoming AT-AT ... I can't wait to get some
snowtroopers, some AT-AT drivers, and some new dishes for decorating the leg
joints.

Again, beautiful job, Joel!  Brace yourself for mass adulation!

-s