 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 668
Re: NALUG a hit at the Great Edmonton Train Show Sept 22-23, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:44:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
Our train layout this last weekend was a great success

Everything looks terrific!! Great work!

"power zones" for the trains had them automatically speeding up on the
straights, and slowing on corners and through the rail yard; it was a big
crowd pleaser.

So I am dying to know how you peformed this feat. Can you share?

Easily enough; we can't even claim credit for the idea (though I don't
recall who we stole it from):

Electrical tape.  A bit of electrical tape to break the conductivity between
adjoined track sections, and multiple controllers per loop.  (I strongly
recommend that anyone doing this *label* their controllers, else it becomes
confusing... we had 8 controllers at GETS - 4 for track, 4 for other powered
gizmos)

thanks,

James