 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 664
Re: NALUG a hit at the Great Edmonton Train Show Sept 22-23, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 06:15:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, David K. Z. Harris writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
Pictures and mpgs available in my brickshelf gallery:
and Steve Chapple's brickshelf gallery:

I was glad to see so many pictures (and MPEGs) posted so fast
after a busy weekend! Thanks for letting us share the event
with you so fast!

Heh.  Thank a slow morning at work for that. :)

On the other hand, I was surprised to see, in Jame's gallery,
in the Town section (looking at the Police and Warehouse images)
that the US and Canadian flags were at half mast! I was touched!
It was only this past Monday that Microsoft and the US Post Offices
around us started flying at full height again...

Thanks for remembering, and recognizing that detail. :-)

That was Steve's idea.  I'd been trying to think of something tasteful to
put on the layout, and was drawing a blank when Steve suggested the flags.
They were half-mast on Saturday, and back at full-mast on Sunday after the
US President called for flags to be raised again.

We did get several approving comments about it.

thanks,

James