 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 175
Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:59:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Big Red is my fave engine from your group... nice and beefy.

:) Thankyou! :)

Just don't tell me it's 8 wide. LOL.

Um... Ok, I won't.  ;)
A sketch of what it would've looked like if I'd gotten around to applying
(purists beware) the decals (gasp!) can be found here -

It's not entirely complete, detail-wise, and the lettering should have a slight
italic lean, but you get the gist.

Actually, I overheard one Model Railroader commenting to another Model
Railroader at the event- "Look at the big red GP-38 in the middle."
Whee! Recognized even without the markings! Considering I was working from an
N-scale GP-38-2, (the -2 denotes updated electronics), that's just gotta be
pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

[ahem] Ok, I'm done self-agrandizing. For now.  :]

A 6-wide version is pending though. BigRed is too fat to fit most places on
Michel's layout, so I'll need one that will.
Unless of course the layout gets a redesign.. ah, 'tis nice to have a dream :)

Cheers,
Kevin.

Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:17:05 GMT

I think I missed this one (Big Red) some how.  What are the handrails made
from?
SteveB
PNLTC

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Kevin Maynes writes:
[...]

Big Red 8 (was Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show)
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:41:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Kevin Maynes writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Big Red is my fave engine from your group... nice and beefy.

A sketch of what it would've looked like if I'd gotten around to
applying (purists beware) the decals (gasp!) can be found here -

Beautiful - Ya gotta get those decals on before we do any more shows.

Actually, I overheard one Model Railroader commenting to another Model
Railroader at the event- "Look at the big red GP-38 in the middle."

I can just imagine your chest swelling whilst over-hearing that...   :-)

A 6-wide version is pending though. BigRed is too fat to fit most
places on Michel's layout, so I'll need one that will.

What was the "Chelsie" modeled after?  I thought it was the best one there.
Sorry - Big Red 8 doesn't really count, since it's in a different class.
If my layout is N-scale, a beautiful HO-scale doesn't do me much good.
Michel - who did you get it from?  He's another LUGNet train nut right?
I'm hoping he either has a DAT file for it, or it's OK with him and you
that I borrow yours and make a copy of it - in red for CP if that is
a model of engine that they use (or used).  I confess my train knowledge
is quite limited compared to many here, but I know what I like.  :-)

SRC

Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show