 Off-Topic / Fun / 10966
Re: Announcing LEGO Ambassadors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:48:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jake McKee wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   It’s funny... in all my years in the community, I’ve never once heard any AFOL say “Yeah, I’m a pretty dang good builder”. That includes the best builders on the planet. I guess we all tend to underestimate our building skill.

Except me. I suck. Really. Ask anybody. Why do you think I stick with building LEGO web sites instead of LEGO MOCs?

   If that’s true, Kelly (and I sorta doubt it is), then you show the perfect example of being able to do amazing things for the community and not be a great builder.

*blushes*

OK, perhaps not “suck” at MOCs, but I’m definitely not anywhere near the same league as the big boys and girls around here. Nosebleed section, that’s me. I do find it interesting that I like building things about things that you use to build with. I just need to finish stuff, that’s my problem.

But my 10-year-old son is definitely more creative with the bricks than his old man, boy howdy.

Kelly