 LEGO Company / 3119
Re: Announcing LEGO Ambassadors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:08:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Jeff Van Winden wrote:

   So an Ambassador represent a geographical area then? How would the number of Ambassadors be broken down, would it be one person in each major metropolitan area One in each country?

Sorry, clearly I didn’t explain that one very well at all.

What I was saying as a couple of things:

1. We’re not “recruiting” for the Ambassador spots, so we’re not going to be creating a fully geographically represented group of people. The idea is to pick the best. That might mean that there’s a stronger weighting towards one country versus another simply because there’s so many great builders there.

2. If no one from a certain country applies for the program, we’re not going to have anyone from that country in the program.

3. Our hope is that we have an applicant pool from all over the world - which would lead to a diverse group. But if only Canadians apply, for instance, we’ll only have Canadians in the program.

Does that make more sense?
That makes perfect sense! It sounds like a good way to choose people.

Although I wonder if some may discoruaged to apply, because they feel they are not the best of the best.

Jeff VW

Jake
---
Jake McKee