 Off-Topic / Debate / 6750
  Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))

(...) Actually, that's something I considered when speaking to Matthew offline. I think my conclusion on the issue is that Matthew's approach (I.E. causing disruptions, etc) is a very fast, effective way of doing it. However, it causes unfortunate (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))

I think Todd got "played". (And I recently said I didn't think Todd was easy to fool) Social Engineering my foot. If that was what MM was up to, it has no place here. But I don't think it was, I think it was just another layer of deception. This guy (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))

This is tough but I think its a worthy discussion... (...) With all due respect to Todd, I think Larry is right to an extent. I told Todd in a private E-mail that I thought MM was mostly full of it. MM thinks very highly of himself and I would be (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))

(...) set (...) Check. Walk a mile in the other man's shoes and all that. (...) C/becuase/because/ C/to nice and/too nice and/ <GRIN> Seriously, without starting a big war, I think most of us know that you're a bit spelling challenged, Eric. And we (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) You want a war I'll give you a war... ;-). I don't pretend to be a good speller, I'm no good at the gramma stuff neither ;-). Never have been and probably never will be. I do try and (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))

(...) I meant that in the nicest way, of course. (...) I think you left a comma out of that sentence fragment, big fella. :-) All (1) kidding aside (I should have set followups to .fun on the last post but they're set there now), I think if you (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))

(...) Well I think you probably knew what I meant in that I leave final documentation to someone else, i.e. the copy the customer sees, I have to document my code for internal purposes of course. (...) Well I am not sure but I think it was the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)