 Off-Topic / Debate / 27813
Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 02:57:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.build.vignette, Chris Magno wrote:
   In lugnet.build.vignette, Nelson Yrizarry wrote: All I read were some valid reasons as to why a head was not the “right one” then read the “sorry, rulz is da rulz” reply.

I’m just a lurker (in this forum), any maybe I’m missing the inside joke, but if this is for real, then, I’m saddened.

Yes, one fig head is as low as 4 cents, and several stores have no minimum, but who’s to say, someone’s situation are not greater than those given. (Maybe due to underage purchasing power, or lack of ability to set up paypal acct. (1))

I tend to agree. Also, the contest should be expanded to anyone who can’t afford LEGO bricks. Allowing MegaBloks, Tyco, BestLock, and BTR pieces for the Joe Vig Contest should be allowed. Heck, some might not be able to afford building block toys at all, so we should expand the contest to include any building material you can find, including dirt, twigs, and chewed gum.

-Lenny

(Lone-Clap, Clap, Clap)

Lets hear it for the great orator; Lenny. With sympathy like that, who needs enemies?

I tried to succinctly explain that I was stunned by a decision that was made, for what appeared to be, valid reasons. I said “I was saddened.”

Your (in appearance) callous reply, only shows me that the Wide and Embracing Community that was, is no longer.

Regards

Chris

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Magno wrote:
[...]

Did you post this message because you are “saddened”, or because you wanted to take a shot at Lenny? If you don’t like the contest sponsors’ ruling, then do something helpful, like John Neal did. Or maybe sponsor your own contest - one without rules, perhaps?

Why all the outrage over the fact that a contest has rules and that those rules were enforced? The response is especially inexplicable given that the situation seemed to have been resolved quite nicely before it was taken up as a cause celebre.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations

Re: 2nd Joe Vig contest entry - How Joe learned to stop worrying and love the bomb