 MediaWatch / 1979
Re: Bricklink Admin Bill Swanberg arrested for Lego thefts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:45:54 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Tom Dickson wrote:
I guess the cashier's display just said "ITEM LEGO TOY" or
something like that.

Most cashiers working in huge toy stores simply don't care.
Pick the one that looks most inexperienced, tired, or both,
and you can probably get away with the most amazingly simple
scams, provided you don't do it too often. That, I think,
was Mr. Swanberg's mistake. (Apart from the fact that he did
it at all, of course. Sacrilege. *Stealing* Lego. Sheesh.)

  Stefan G