 MediaWatch / 1978
Re: Bricklink Admin Bill Swanberg arrested for Lego thefts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:37:09 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Steve Lane wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Andrew Bulthaupt wrote:
William A. Swanberg, the inventory admin on Bricklink was arrested for switching
UPCs on Lego sets.

That's so simple I'm surprised I never thought of it, not that I'd ever commit a
crime of course.

Steve

Actually, it's one of the oldest scams in the book; that's why those automatic
tellers at Home Depot, etc, have the weight system setup. I'm surprised it
worked so well, I guess the cashier's display just said "ITEM LEGO TOY" or
something like that.